Saturday, November 6, 2010

Stop procrastinating, do it now! (6WS)

Happy Saturday, y'all. I made it through the work week - praise the Lord....by Wednesday I wasn't sure I would. My six words from this week are lifted straight from my morning devotion for today:

Procrastination saps power; completion gives relief.

A truth about myself: I often procrastinate when I am faced with something challenging. While it seems easier in the moment to put the task off until later, it doesn't then dawn on me that the mental strain of thinking about it over time, plus the added stress of having to do it at a later time (when I could potentially have additional challenges to face) will actually make the task harder. 99% of the time I feel better once the task is completed, so the question on deck is: Why wait?

~gg~



Play Six Word Saturday along with Cate at Show My Face.  The premise: Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. Sounds easy, right? It is....and fun, too!!  Click on the button to see what other six words people are putting together.

2 comments: