Thursday, November 18, 2010

A few more children to love

I have been awarded the opportunity to act as "team mom" (one of two) for the Sr. Boys Basketball team at the high school at which I work.  The role involves (at the core) handling the things the boys need that aren't directly related to coaching them. For example: first aid for ankle twists and nosebleeds, a reminder about attitude and language to avoid technical fouls and helping to re-tie neckties before getting off the bus. In short, team moms are responsible for injuries, egos and attire. When I signed on for this role, I was mainly coming out to support the team and help out the coaches, but I realized after missing one game how much the players look for that estrogen on the bench and the bus for a softer care and the fun we have together.

I'm proud to say my boys (yep, all 16 of them are mine) won the tournament they played in today despite some questionable calls by the refs, one ice pack and a few tough mommy looks. I will proudly be wearing my medal alongside them all day tomorrow at school.

~gg~

No comments:

Post a Comment