Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Different Perspective

For NaBloPoMo Day 4, I'm sharing somebody else's words.  Yesterday, I had the pleasure of watching the video to a spoken word piece written and performed by Toronto-based artist, Quentin Vercetty. I am humbled to say that I have shared the stage with him on a couple of occasions and he is just as amazing to listen to live as he is in this video.....and, also, that listening to his work often makes me want to burn my own notebook. Okay, maybe that's a little melodramatic - there is no competition happening here - just an honest and powerful work by a gifted poet, who is also a talented visual artist (and all-around nice guy).  The video for Through the Eyes of a Child is one of those works not easily forgotten.

Take it in.....tell a friend.






~gg~

No comments:

Post a Comment