Thursday, November 11, 2010

50 words

I had a friend issue me a writing challenge today. Write 50 words. Not 51, not 49. 50. Any topic. Challenge accepted. (I liked it so much, in fact that I made an accompanying piece.  Each can stand alone, so it's not like I cheated and wrote 100.)  Here they are:


I had given myself to them to be loved
But became their game time audible -
A last minute play when the first choice was no longer their choice -
And after time-after-time of being the fall-back,
I began to brand myself into their memories
Until this afterthought started to come first. (50)

I gave myself to Him to be loved
After I had accepted impostors and it faked myself.
He loved me without condition,
Without restriction
Until my restricted-rated inhibitions gave way to 
My acceptance of perfect love. 
And I surrendered to His example of what perfection can do:
Love even me. (50)

~gg~

No comments:

Post a Comment