Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas is upon us

I know, it seems like it was just spring break and now I'm hearing sleigh bells in the mall...

I'm sharing this article from the New York Times that I ran across online on NevaHurd.com. Bwoi, let me tell you, this is a fight that I feel gets worse every year -- one that I take personal offense to. Christian holidays seem to be the only ones appropriated for commercial gain and secular bastardization.  I mean, the celebration of Christ's birth (Christmas) and the celebration of Christ's resurrection (Easter) have been turned into the celebration of a fat guy with gifts and the celebration of a chocolate-wielding bunny. Never have I heard of any other religious holy days being taken over by the world for their own gain.  There is no Diwali Fairy, Eid Gnome, special Rosh Hashanah Elephant or Ramadan Leprechaun fabricated to take away from the meaning of that day. Christians need to stand up and take Christmas back: in schools, at work and everywhere else in this world.

I'm with Neva on this one.....2 Peter 2

~gg~

No comments:

Post a Comment