Saturday, October 23, 2010

Six Word Saturday

Actions do speak louder than words

I guess it should be expected that when you live/speak/behave a certain way for, oh, over a quarter of a century, changing this pattern is going to come as a surprise to people who know you. Nevertheless, I'm still getting used to it when I politely decline to join my friends at bar or club (for example) and then they make this face:


"Why not??"

Then after I explain why I'm not really into that type of entertainment anymore, I get this: "Oh! So, you're serious about this God thing!"

Yeah. I am. But I guess I'll just have to let my actions be the proof. After all, talk is cheap, right?

~gg~
------

Join Cate over at Show my Face every Saturday as she hosts Six Word Saturdays. Click on the button to see what six words others have to share and, maybe, share your own.

4 comments:

  1. What you're going through reminds me of Romans 12:2a: "Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind...."

    Enjoy your transformation!

    Survived a Burglary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post!!! I too am a work in progress and I'm trying to walk the walk and talk the talk. Yes, it is hard, VERY HARD! Good for you though. I just hope your friends can respect your decision and with prayer, maybe they will join you :o) Good luck on your journey! :O)

    Have a great weekend and Happy SWS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you God's Girl. Stick to your convictions and they will soon start to believe you as you walk the walk!

    Linda @ truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete