Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Conversations with God


I was angry with God last week. 

"Why?" you may ask. Well....in short, because I asked Him for something and He gave it to me. Then I realized I didn't really want it. So I was mad. Should've been at myself, but......work in progress. Here's how it went down:
** names have been changed to protect he innocent :) **


Me: Dear Heavenly Father, please show me Jerky McNice-Guy's true colours.

God: Okay.


(Time elapses)


Me: Dear Dad, I don't understand why Jerky McNice-Guy is being so much jerkier to me all of a sudden.

God: Uh, remember that conversation we had a little while back? Well, there you go - true colours, as promised. 

Me: Noooo!! That's not what I meant.  What I meant was, "Please make Jerky McNice-Guy into Friendly McCool-Dude!!"

God: Yeah.....that's not what you said at all. Trust me, this way is better. Love you!



So, I was mad at God. Even though He gave me what I had asked and confirmed what I already suspected. My comfort came in knowing that He knows better than I do. So, it's all working for my good. An early heads up is appreciated.....

....but it took a minute for me to appreciate it. 

Thanks God.

~gg~

No comments:

Post a Comment