Sunday, October 17, 2010

Something I learned in church today

My church is currently doing a 10-week focus on the 10 commandments and today's sermon was on:

"You shall not murder." Exodus 20:13 (NIV)

On the surface, this one seems pretty easy.  Do not pick up, use or wield any instrument or part of your body to intentionally end another human's life. No problem. I'll leave the gun at the shooting range, the knives in the kitchen.  Christians and non-Christians alike are usually in agreement on this one.  However, as my pastor began getting deeper into the message, he illustrated how this particular commandment gets glossed over when looking at issues that are slightly more controversial in the world.  Case in point - abortion.

I saw a video a week or so ago that will stay with me forever and it couples nicely with today's message. It's the story of an abortion survivor. Yep, you read that right.

Listen to her story...






~gg~

No comments:

Post a Comment